Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Lemongrass Tea



This summer I was hooked to a bottled lemongrass drink that sold mainly in health food stores, I had to get a bottle or two whenever I see it in the stores.

This is the tea that I love, love --


To my surprise,  A too likes the tea, one day he was having sore throat and we were out doing some grocery shopping, I bought a bottle of this tea and he asked to try it, I let him and he gulped down almost half bottle! His throat gets much better the next day.

Since he and I loved the tea so much, I made it at home and enjoyed the tea over one hot summer afternoon.


Ingredients:
3-4 stalks of lemongrass (remove outer layer, cleaned and sliced thinly)
1 liter water


1. Boil lemongrass in water for a good 10-15 minutes, switch off the stove and let it steep further for another 10 minutes.

Serve as it is with some ice cubes or add some honey to it if you prefer.





No comments:

Post a Comment