Monday, August 11, 2014

Stir Fry Shredded Potato 【酸辣土豆丝】


The Korean supermarket that I frequented is having a promotion on potatoes. It was way too good a deal to pass, so I bought a packet of it. Not until I started unpacking the potato that I realized how big a pack it is! 

Since I have loads of them at home,  I have been cooking potatoes gala in the past few days!

Stir fry shredded potato is pretty new to me, I thought it wasn't fully cooked the first time I had it! I wasn't used to potatoes being crunchy, I have always had my potatoes stewed or boiled, it is always soft and tender.

I developed the taste and started liking it after having it a couple of times. It goes especially well with porridge though.

我家附近的韩国超市前阵子土豆大促销,十磅的土豆才2.99美刀。我当时想都没想就拿了一包,结果回家打开包装才发现华丽丽好大一堆土豆啊!

当天下午看朋友的时候带了十几只土豆去,回家发现还有一推小山似的堆在那儿。于是我就开始了天天想怎么吃土豆的日子~~~

昨天弟弟说要喝粥,我就给做了这道酸辣土豆丝。说起土豆丝我不得不说我这个地道的南洋(南方)人一开始的认知是土豆必须是炖出来或炸出来或煮出来的,炒土豆丝我第一次吃还觉得这土豆怎么没炒熟哇!

后来还是我妈跟着我弟弟在纽西兰住了一段日子,弟弟的中国朋友给做了几次酸辣土豆丝,我妈喜欢上了,还学着做了好几次,土豆在我家才展开了被炒的命运。



Ingredients:
2 Potatoes
2 green chilies (seeded and shredded)
2 dried red chilies
10-15 Sichuan pepper
3 cloves of garlic (sliced)

Seasoning:
1 1/2 tbsp black vinegar 
1 tbsp soy sauce

材料:
2 只土豆
2 只青椒 (我用了自己种的banana pepper)
2 根辣椒干
10-15 颗花椒
3 蒜瓣儿
 
调味:
1 1/2 大勺 黑醋 (也可用白醋)
1 大勺 酱油 (也可用盐)




1. Shred/cut potatoes into long strips, soak in cold water for 2-3 minutes, drain and wash 2 more times or until water runs clear。 this is to wash away excess starch of potatoes. Remove seeds of green chilies and sliced it into thin strips the same size as the potatoes. Chopped the garlic too.

2. Heat up 2 tbsp of oil, add the sichuan peppercorns and cook until fragrant, remove and discard. Place the dried chili pepper into the cooker and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the chili is fragrant too.

3. Turn the heat to high and add chopped garlic and shredded potatoes, stir quickly until the potato become a little translucent, season with vinegar and soy sauce. Add shredded green chilies before turning stove off. The potatoes and chilies should be still crunchy while serve.

1. 把土豆去皮擦丝或切丝,泡凉水里两三分钟,沥干,再泡大约2-3次,至水变得清澈为止。把青辣椒去蒂去种子切丝备用。蒜瓣儿切片备用。
 
2. 锅里热上3-4 tbsp的食油,加入花椒中火炸香取出丢弃,把辣椒干剪段,入油里炸香。
 
3. 把火转大加入蒜片和土豆丝快速翻炒至土豆有点透明,加入醋继续翻炒1-2分钟,然后加入酱油或盐调味。加入青椒丝翻炒至断生即可。





No comments:

Post a Comment